Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Great U.S. History Trivia Sites

Being a self-admitted trivia nerd, I went digging for other U.S. History Trivia Sites.

1.  Fun Trivia:   Best thing about this site?  The many, many quizzes.  Even better?  They are in tons of different categories.  There are 253 on the Civil War alone.  Wowzers.

2.  History.Com:  It doesn't get much better than a trivia quiz from the History Channel.  The one is one of the most technically appealing of all the sites I visited.  Alas, it isn't exclusively U.S. History.  But the site is so awesome I had to include it.

3.  Trivia Champ:  I like this one for its simplicity.  You just hold your mouse over the question mark and the answer pops up.  It's stripped down, and frankly, that isn't a bad thing!

4.  Patriotic Trivia Quiz:  Also stripped down, but this one has 110 questions, and they are good ones.

Random difficulty, but one of the problems that I had when designing Pocket Protector's two games were that I noticed that a lot of trivia questions repeated themselves.  The trick was not only to research new facts, but to craft questions in unique ways.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment