Thursday, April 7, 2011

Movies Trivia: What 1989 movie features the Nintendo Power Glove?

I grew up in the 80s, and as the name of my business would (Pocket Protector Games) would indicate, I am a nerd and proud of it.  And, as an 80s nerd, I grew up on Nintendo...and desperately wanted a Power Glove when it first came out.  It barely worked, but that's a totally different story.  It was a great idea, one that helped to inspire the wildly popular Wii.  Anyway, one classic 80s movie featured the Power Glove and gave it a prominent role during one scene.  So, off of Pocket Trivia: Movies Trivia - What 1989 movie features the Nintendo Power Glove?  Is it Weekend at Bernie's, Super Mario Brothers, Honey I Shrunk the Kids or The Wizard?

The correct answer would be The Wizard!  It is featured in the scene below.

I also have a confession that you may have noticed:  One of my favorite all-time movies is The Wizard.  This 1989 vehicle was largely a movie about Nintendo, but it has garnered a bit of a cult following.  Lines like this are largely why:



Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment