Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Journey of a start-up App company

Hello everybody!  If you are fimiliar with good ole Mr. Pocket, and Pocket Protector Games (where Mr. Pocket lives, of course), than you are likely familiar with the fact that Pocket Protector Games is a brand new App Development company, creating trivia games for the iPhone.  We have two games out so far - U.S. History Trivia and U.S. Presidential Trivia.  Both were produced by the great folks at Enter.net.

So, being brand new has been quite an interesting journey so far.  We are a one man shop; my name is Mike Schlossberg, and I have two other jobs in addition to Pocket Protector - working for the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce and serving as a member of Allentown City Council. So, being busy, this was a very interesting project.

That being said - as far as I am concerned, to me, this was a demonstration of having enough passion and deciding to go for it.  I did this because I am fascinated by technology and really think that mobile technology is the next big thing.  About 20% of America now has a smart phone - and that number is only going to grow.  This is something that took a pretty good time and financial investment, but I am confident that, if marketed correctly, this app will grow in success.  Ideally, I'd like to come up with more trivia games, then branch into other areas. 

As a start-up business, this is a little stressful - you never know if you are going to make it or not, and wow, I really hope I didn't waste a heck of a lot of my own time.  That being said - I really believe this will work.  I hope you will all be with me for the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment