Monday, February 14, 2011

80s Trivia: What Wang Chung song appeared on the soundtrack of 'The Breakfast Club'?

We spent the week doing US History & US Presidential Trivia, so now we'll head back to the 1980s.  For some reason, I'e been listening to "St. Elmo's Fire" OVER AND OVER again - my wife is probably going to kill me soon.  Regardless, this got me thinking about 80s soundtracks - and specifically the breakfast club.  So, I took one of my favorite 80s bands, Wang Chung, for this question off of Pocket Trivia: 80s Trivia:  What Wang Chung song appeared on the soundtrack of 'The Breakfast Club'?  Is the answer Fire in the Twilight, Everybody Have Fun Tonight, Wait or Hypnotize Me?

All of these songs are, in fact, Wang Chung songs.  Everybody Have Fun Tonight is probably their best known song, but not the answer.  Hypnotize Me is one of my favorites (my wife and I danced to it at our wedding), but also not the answer.  Wait...no one probably remembers that one!

Anyway, the answer is Fire in the Twilight.  The song actually appears as in a montage of The Breakfast Club, when the kids are racing back to the library to beat Mr. Vernon back to it after sneaking out.  They make it - but just barely.

Of course, this blog entry wouldn't be complete without the video.  Here you go:

No comments:

Post a Comment