Monday, March 21, 2011

80s Trivia: Where did the ponies on 'My Little Pony' live?

I'm going to make a brave, if not slightly painful admission here:  As a young lad (say 5 or 6), I loved My Little Ponies.  There, I said it.  I loved that cartoon and begged my parents to let me get one of the figures, which they eventually did...for the life of me, I can't remember its name!  Anyway, My Little Ponies was a staple of the 80s - between the cartoons, movies and toys, they were quite ubiquitous for some time, even making a comeback in the 00s.  So, off of Pocket Trivia: 80s Trivia - Where did the ponies on My Little Pony live?  Candy Valley, Sweet Valley, Dream Valley or Hope Valley?




Aww, look at that ponies!

Sorry.  Anyways, the correct answer to this one is Dream Valley.  The ponies lived in Dream Valley where they often faced off against a variety of enemies, including the Witches from the Volcano of Gloom, giant bees, trolls, goblins and more.

I still remember this particular episode - The End of Flutter Valley - a massive ten part chain of episodes - but, as a five year old, I remember being totally addicted to these episodes!  It actually seemed like the ponies might be in real trouble at points!

Okay, of course they never were, but that's completely beside the point.  A ten episode series for a kids cartoon?  That's like a five-year olds version of Homer!

No comments:

Post a Comment